The purpose of network performance improvement is to provide incentives to minimize disruption of the network, to improve the operation of the railway network, to achieve a harmonized level of operational accuracy and to maintain the economic viability of the service.
JSC "LatRailNet" may impose sanctions for actions that disrupt the operation of the infrastructure, compensation to the infrastructure manager or railway undertakings that suffer losses due to disruption, and bonuses if the delay exceeds the allowable delay limits specified in the Network Performance Scheme and if the delays have caused delays on the trains of other railway undertakings.
At present, the infrastructure manager collects information on delays and their causes, without applying charges.
JSC "LatRailNet" develops and approves the Network Performance Scheme and agrees with the infrastructure manager and applicants on its main parameters:
the procedure for notification of the train schedule;
- the procedures by which delays and other parameters for the improvement of the operation of the network are attributed to the participating party and charges are calculated;
- dispute settlement procedure;
the procedure for the publication of information regarding the annual average level of operational accuracy achieved by railway undertakings and the level achieved by the main parameters of the scheme.
JSC "LatRailNet" and the applicants agree on the following main parameters of the Charging Scheme:
a list of causes to be enumerated;
- units of measurement of the causes to be enumerated;
- permissible limits of causes - the maximum (minimum) number of events, as well as the intervals or circumstances in which the financial value of the consequences of the causes appears and / or changes;
sanctions for specific actions that disrupt the operation of the network, compensation for those who suffer losses as a result of the disruption, and the financial value of the premiums.
The parameters are accounted for by the infrastructure manager and are based on:
- train traffic list - for such trains that are to be sent according to the traffic list;
- the operational capacity allocation plan prepared and approved by the capacity allocation controller, for such trains to which train paths are allocated within the framework of the operational capacity allocation process.
The following are considered to be delays:
- the time difference between the specified basic accounting document and the actual time when the train is dispatched;
- the time difference between the specified basic accounting document and the actual time of arrival of the train at the terminal;
- deviation from the train schedule at intermediate stations;
- deviation from the running time of the train during the specified journey time on the road section.
Applicants and the infrastructure manager may submit evidence to JSC "LatRailNet" not later than four months before the deadline for publication of the network statement that the specific causes of delays disrupt the network, cause damage to any or all market participants, threaten the economic viability of services and affected by sanctions for ineffectiveness, compensation for those who suffer damage as a result of the disruption, and bonuses that reward better-than-planned performance. JSC "LatRailNet", within two weeks after the deadline for receipt of evidence, publishes on its website a notice on the planned time, place and agenda of amendments to the Charging Scheme, as well as places this draft amendment on the website, which sets sanctions for specific actions, disruption of the network, compensation for those who suffer losses as a result of disruption, and bonuses.
Once a year, the infrastructure manager shall publish on its website information on the annual average level of operational accuracy achieved by carriers on the basis of the key parameters agreed in the Network Performance Scheme.